The City Manager is the chief administrative officer of the Albion city government and is responsible for the efficient and effective operation of all departments and services of the city. The City Manager's support staff includes the Executive Assistant to the City Manager and the Human Resources Coordinator.
The City Manager:
- appoints all department heads of the city, except the City Attorney, and approves the hiring of all city employees.
- coordinates all city departments to implement the programs and policies of the City Council.
- prepares and administers the annual city budget.
- plans and implements the city's capital projects.
- administers the city's purchasing and competitive bidding processes.
- supervises the city's information technology services, providing oversight of the city's IT contractors.
- prepares council meeting agenda in coordination with the City Clerk.
- serves as Personnel Director for the city, overseeing all human resources functions, labor relations, and collective bargaining agreement administration.
- formulates policy recommendations for the City Council, executes policy directives of the council, and establishes organizational goals with direction from the City Council.
- ensures that the City Council receives professional and objective staff advice and recommendations.
Haley is a distinguished Albion native, earning a Bachelor's of Applied Science in Interdisciplinary Studies and a Master's Degree in Public Administration. Beginning as an Administrative Assistant at Calhoun County's Consolidated Dispatch Authority in 2014, joining Albion's City Management team in 2018 as Deputy Clerk/Treasurer, then excelled to Assistant City Manager in March 2019 and was appointed to Interim City Manager in August 2020. Haley was confirmed as the official City Manager at the February 1st, 2021 City Council Meeting.
Should you have a question about general city operations or would like to send information to the City Manager or City Council, please contact us, and we’d be happy to assist you!