Request email notification when page changes E-Notify

Clerk's Office Quick Menu

Upcoming Elections  

Military/Overseas Voter Information

Election Results

Polling Locations   

Polling Hours

Become an Election Inspector

FOIA Forms & Guidelines

Peddler/Solicitors/Transient Merchant Applications    

Medical Marihuana Applications  

The City Clerk is responsible for:

  • Serving as Clerk of the City Council, Commissions and various other boards; preparing agendas, meeting packets and minutes.
  • Notifies proper officials of the expiration of any boards, contracts/agreements and liability claims.
  • Record manager for the City’s vital records.
  • Acting as the Freedom of Information (FOIA) coordinator.
  • Administering all oaths required by law.
  • Managing various City licenses and permits.
  • Planning, organizing and administering all Federal, State, Local and School Elections.
  • Maintaining voter registration records.
  • Publishing and posting notices of the City as required by law.
  • Coordinates all liability claims for the City.

  • How Do I Register to Vote 
         Image result for register to vote icon
             (Click on Icon for Registration Instructions)

  • Voter registration can be done at the Clerk's office.
  • You must be a U.S. Citizen and at least 18 years old.
  • You may only register for yourself.
  • You may also register at the Secretary of State's Office. 


  • Overseas/Military Voter

      (Click on Image for Military & Overseas Information)

    Military and Overseas Voter Introduction- In 1986, the federal government passed the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) providing special registration and absentee voting provisions for military and overseas civilians.  In addition UOCAVA authorized the use of the Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB).  The Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) was created by the Department of Defense to oversee UOCAVA.  In 2009 the federal Military and Overseas Empowerment Act (MOVE Act) and corresponding state legislation was passed expanding UOCAVA by further allowing a UOCAVA voter to submit one AV application for a calendar year, ballot(s) to be sent to the UOCAVA voter via email or fax, establishing a 45-day absent voter ballot delivery requirement, and expanding the use of the FWAB.  In 2012, the state legislature passed PA 279 of 2012 further expanding the use of the FWAB to local and state offices.

      thGFXC       vote counts button      

    Upcoming Elections 

May 4, 2021

Link to Voter Information with sample ballot

May 4th Special Election Unofficial Results Click Here Proposed levy for 2 mills for Albion Recreation 
Estimated $185,600 prescribed by DDA & TIFA specifically for continuing operations of Albion recreation programs for young people, adults, families & senior citizens.
Official Release "Shall the City of Albion levy the current two mills ($2.00 per $1,000.00) on taxable value of property located in the City of Albion for three years beginning with the 2022 tax levy year and running through the 2024 tax levy year (inclusive), which in the first year of such tax levy will raise an estimated revenue of One Hundred Eighty Five Thousand and Six Hundred Dollars ($185,600.00) used for the specific purpose of continuing operation of City of Albion recreation programs for young people, adults, families, and senior citizens? Taxes within the Downtown Development Authority (DDA) and Tax Increment Finance Authority (TIFA) districts will be distributed as prescribed by law."

(Click on Image for Election Results)

Where do I vote?  

Voter Information Center
   Image result for polling location icon

Voting Precincts Polling Place Addresses:

     City of Albion Precinct Map

How long are the polls open?

  • Polls are open from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m. on election days.

What about absentee ballots?

Absentee Ballot Application         

  images[4] (2)

      (Click on Image for Application)                                                                                                                

  • Absentee ballots are available up until the Saturday prior to the Election.
  • You can vote absentee the Monday prior to the Election but it must be done in the Clerk's Office.  You may not take the ballot with you.
  • All absentee ballots are due by 8:00 p.m. Election Day.
  • All absentee voter envelopes MUST be signed by the Voter to certify your vote.
  • Absentee ballots may be obtained by a prospective voter by first filling out an application, which is available at the Clerk's office upon the voter showing their ID or signing an affidavit form of not in possession of ID; Or, a prospective voter may write to the City Clerk, at 112 W. Cass Street, to request the application. The application may be filled out and submitted at City Hall only by the person who will be voting absentee, or it can be mailed back.


Election Inspector 
Image result for election inspector icon
(Click on Image for Election Inspector Application)


FOIA Procedures and Guidelines  
maxwell foia          
(Click on Image for FOIA Information)                        


Transient Merchant                      


Rochester NY  Lic Peddler B  
(Click on Image for Peddler License Application) 

Medical Marihuana Licenses   

 medical marihuana



Jill Domingo
City Clerk
Tel:   (517) 629-7864
Fax:  (517) 629-2238

112 W. Cass St.
Albion, MI  49224

Pamela Beck
Deputy Clerk/Treasurer
Tel: (517) 629-7887 x302