PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICER:
The City of Albion, Michigan is seeking qualified candidates for one full-time Public Safety Officer position. Albion has a population of 8,000 residents and covers an area of 4.5 square miles. The Department provides both police and fire services to the city.
Statement of Duties:
Public Safety Officers shall perform all the duties and responsibilities of the Police and Fire services for the city. Public Safety Officers are responsible for the prevention of crimes, preservation of public peace and order, apprehension of offenders, the protection of persons and property under the laws of the City and State, the protection of people and property from fire and to provide assistance for people in medical emergencies.
- High school/GED diploma, associate’s degree in related field, bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Must be a U.S. citizen, 21 years or older at time of employment;
- MCOLES certified/certifiable as a police officer;
- Michigan Fire Fighter I and II certified;
- Must have a valid Michigan driver license and good driving history;
- No felony convictions and/or disqualifying criminal history;
- Ability to successfully pass background investigation, psychological evaluation, interview process and drug/alcohol screen.
Starting wages will be presented at the time application and resume are received, depending on experience and qualifications.
Applications for employment and complete job descriptions are available at:
Posted – January 1, 2019
Closing- until filled.
To apply please submit cover letter, resume and completed employment application to:
Application can be mailed or emailed and should be received by 08/17/18.
For additional information or questions please contact Lt. Mike Kolassa at 517-629-7193 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Scott Kipp
112 W Cass St
Albion, MI 49224
The City of Albion is an Equal Opportunity Employer